Holy Cross empowers girls.
College prep academics, Catholic values and an all-girls environment challenge, inspire and support every Holy Cross girl.
Who I am
College Prep Academics
Empowered girls challenge themselves. They think critically and creatively. They share their beliefs and open their minds to new ideas. They ask difficult questions and investigate difficult concepts. They know they will be prepared for success in college and beyond through an education that includes:
- 150+ challenging courses
- Focus on STEM areas like engineering and computer science
- Specialized online classes
- Dual credit and dual enrollment opportunities with Marymount University
Faith and Friendships
We are an institution that celebrates the values of the Catholic faith and welcomes girls of all backgrounds. Our girls have contemplative minds and compassionate hearts. They support each other and gain strength from the achievements of their classmates and teammates. And throughout their Holy Cross experience, they will flex their faith, hone their talents and discover new passions.
- Mass, guided meditation and retreats led by campus ministry
- Service-oriented social justice program
- 28 athletic teams
- 30-plus student-led clubs and organizations
- 20-plus arts courses offered every year
Holy Cross graduates lead the way—on college campuses and in countless professions. They develop the confidence, foundation and motivation to take what they’ve learned at Holy Cross and change the world.
- Strong alumnae network in varied careers—from engineers to entrepreneurs
- 100% college acceptance rate, including admissions to UChicago, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech and more
- 10 Class of 2019 graduates competing in college athletics
Courage, Compassion and Scholarship
Founded in 1868 by the Sisters of the Holy Cross, our school has maintained a long tradition of excellence in preparing girls to become women of courage, compassion and scholarship—from our founding in Washington, D.C., to our beautiful, 28-acre home in Kensington, Maryland.