The Academy of the Holy Cross 1:1 iPad program provides tools that answer the need for utilizing technology in all aspects of the learning cycle. Through this program, we help our girls develop technological skills in all aspects of the learning cycle and help them build an appreciation for digital citizenship. Teachers and students will create an environment of ingenuity and collaboration, enhancing the learning process and supporting multiple learning styles.
In support of this effort:
- Our powerful wireless network throughout the school enables access to online resources
- Our Student Technology Center includes a computer lab, design technology classroom with a 3-D printer and 3-D pens, and a collaborative tech area for student use.
- The Student Tech Team serves as technology leaders in the school producing "how-to" guides, organizing and managing an iPad help desk and maintaining social media guidelines for their peers.
- What is a 1:1 program?
- Why did you select the iPad?
- What does the Technology Fee cover?
- I already have an iPad; can I use my own device?
- Can I use my family or parent's Apple ID account?
- How does the 1:1 iPad Program work?
- Will the iPad replace all printed textbooks?
- What happens if my iPad is lost or damaged?
- Will there be training for students and parents?
- Can families opt out of the iPad Program?
- What if I have questions during the school year?