Since 1973, one of our most-honored traditions is Senior Project, through which seniors culminate their time at the Academy working in a career setting that interests them.
Over the years, Holy Cross seniors have worked at sites ranging from The National Zoo to engineering firms, from the State Department to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Students have assisted in countless elementary school classrooms, physical therapy offices and interior design studios. Students learn about life in the real world while getting specific experience in a potential career. Each girl researches possible job sites, contacts potential sponsors, and works with both the community sponsor and the Holy Cross Senior Project Coordinator to establish mutually beneficial responsibilities she must complete during her approximately 60-hour project. If you are interested in sponsoring one of our seniors, please contact Millicent Durbin, Senior Project Coordinator, at (301) 929-6444.
A Sample of Senior Project Opportunities
- Advancing Girls Education in Africa
- Amazon Web Services
- Aviso Financial
- Creative Cakes
- FINCA Impact Finance
- George Washington University Athletics
- Goodell, DeVries, Leech & Dann
- Integrated Sport, Spine & Rehab
- Jesuit Refugee Service/USA
- Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Marriott International
- Maryland Department of Natural Resources – Wildlife & Heritage Service
- Metropolitan Pediatric Dentistry
- Olney Theatre
- Petvacx Animal Hospital and Mobile Vet Services
- The MITRE Corporation
- Valboost Inc.
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Washington Spirit