1. Other schools, and even the Archdiocese of Washington, use different financial aid service providers to help them assess a family’s ability to pay school costs. How do I know which one to use?
Be sure you are filing a Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) with School and Student Services (SSS). Their website is: https://www.solutionsbysss.com.
2. What is the Academy's school code for SSS?
The school code is 1060.
3. Must I file the PFS online, or can I use a paper application?
You must complete the PFS online. The fee to file is $55. Paper applications are no longer accepted.
4. Which figures do I use when completing the PFS?
Please use 2022 data when answering questions except where it asks you to make an estimate for 2023.
5. Besides the PFS, what other supporting documents must I submit to SSS?
The Academy of the Holy Cross requires that you submit your 2021 Federal Tax documents, 2021 W2, and 2022 W2 directly to SSS either by mail or online. No tax documents should be sent to Holy Cross. Please do not send prior year tax documents to SSS.
6. How do I know if I will qualify for need-based financial aid?
Any family may apply for need-based financial aid. Parents should not assume that because of their income they may not qualify. Some of the factors that are considered when determining need include: income, what you own (your house and other investments), what you owe (your mortgage and other debts), the size of your family, and how many children are enrolled in tuition-charging schools. All financial information shared with The Academy of the Holy Cross remains confidential and is used only for the purpose of determining eligibility.
7. If I applied last year, do I have to complete another PFS?
Yes, a new PFS must be filed for every year that you apply for financial aid because your family’s financial situation can change from year to year.
8. Who do I call for help in completing the PFS or uploading tax documents?
SSS Customer Service is available at (800) 344-8328