Athletic Hall of Fame
Athletic Hall of Fame
The Academy of the Holy Cross Athletic Hall of Fame was established in 2012 to honor and perpetuate the memory of those individuals and teams who have made outstanding contributions to Holy Cross athletics.
Athletic Hall of Fame Criteria
The Academy of the Holy Cross Athletic Hall of Fame was established in 2012 to honor individuals and teams who have made a significant positive impact on Holy Cross athletics. Those inducted serve as the cornerstone of what the school believes is a truly representative group of the proud tradition of Holy Cross athletics.
- To be eligible, with the exception of coaches or members of the Athletic Department, an individual must have received a Holy Cross diploma.
- No athlete shall be considered for selection until ten years after the graduation of her class.
- Athletic ability, sportsmanship, Tartan character, leadership, contribution to team and the games she participated in will all be taken into consideration.
- Must have distinguished herself through athletic achievement.
- The athlete must have earned a minimum of two varsity athletic letters.
- The record of the individual considered should be so outstanding that there is no question as to the qualifications necessary for induction.
- Committee may also consider post graduate activities including college and professional experience.
- Must have distinguished him/herself through athletic achievement in the area of coaching.
- Exceptional leadership, Tartan character, great loyalty to Holy Cross and the passion for the success of Holy Cross athletics.
- Teams can be nominated ten years after their record season.
Most Valuable Tartan
- Exceptional Tartan character, great loyalty to Holy Cross and the passion for the success of Holy Cross athletics.
- He/she has shown great support for Tartan Athletes over the years.
- Being a graduate is not required.
Nominees from all sports will be considered on an equal basis, as will posthumous candidates. For questions or more information, please contact the Alumnae Office, at (301) 929-6463 or email@example.com or the Athletic Director, at (301) 929-6473 or firstname.lastname@example.org.