Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
The Academy of the Holy Cross remains committed to the health and safety of our school community. As the situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) develops we will post information about how Holy Cross will respond. As local, national and global public health recommendations shift to include mitigation of transmission, the campus is proactively taking additional steps that will help protect our community. Please check back often.
updated March 30, 2020
Out of an abundance of caution we have closed the school campus for regular school instruction starting Monday, March 16.
We are extremely grateful for the support of our families and faculty/staff as we navigate this situation and have put in place a plan that we also hope will alleviate some of the anxiety associated with these stressful times.
- e-Learning will take place beginning Monday, March 16 and continue through Thursday, April 2.
- Easter vacation will take place as scheduled beginning Monday, April 6.
- e-Learning classes will resume on Tuesday, April 14 and will continue through Friday, April 24 at the earliest.
- e-Learning classes take place Monday through Thursday each week.
- If a teacher is ill during this period, his/her classes will be cancelled or students will work independently.
- The building and campus remain closed to all students through Friday, April 24 unless otherwise notified.
- All school sponsored athletic practices and games will be cancelled while the campus is closed or until otherwise notified.
- The administration is working to reschedule activities and events that have been postponed due to the campus closure.
e-Learning Schedule (Weeks 3-5):
Week 3 of Online Learning
Monday, March 30, 2020-Purple Day
Tuesday, March 31, 2020-White Day
Wednesday, April 1, 2020-Purple Day
Thursday, April 2, 2020-White Day
Friday, April 3, 2020-No Online Classes
Monday, April 6, 2020-Monday, April 13, 2020
Week 4 of Online Learning
Monday, April 13, 2020
Tuesday, April 14, 2020-Purple Day
Wednesday, April 15, 2020-White Day
Thursday, April 16, 2020-Purple Day
Friday, April 17, 2020-White Day
Week 5 of Online Learning
Monday, April 20, 2020-Purple Day
Tuesday, April 21, 2020-White Day
Wednesday, April 22, 2020-Purple Day
Thursday, April 23, 2020-White Day
Beginning on Tuesday, April 14, 2020, the academic day will occur as follows:
Period 1 and 5 9:00-10:00 am
Period 2 and 6 10:15-11:15 am
Period 3 and 7 12:30-1:30 pm
Period 4 and 8 1:45-2:45 pm
Ways to stay healthy and help stop the spread of virus germs:
Check the World Health Organization website daily for updates - Resources include a centralized coronavirus page.
Other questions may be answered on the WHO’s “Myth Busters” page on the coronavirus.
You can find the CDC page on Coronavirus here.
The Maryland Department of Health has a Coronavirus web page here.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me or our school nurse Kathleen Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School and Family Spring Trips
All school-sponsored Spring trips, including the service trip to Camden, the Lacrosse trip to Williamsburg and the Performing Arts Department New York City trip have been cancelled. We are currently working with the various vendors associated with these trips to discuss the financial implications. Families will be contacted directly by the sponsoring adult once this information has been finalized.
Families traveling over spring break, or hosting or entertaining visitors from affected regions, may be subject to quarantine before returning to school. We will be monitoring travel alerts issued by the CDC and the State Department, and working with local public health agencies, to determine whether individuals who have recently returned from affected regions or entertained visitors from those areas should stay home for 14 days upon their return. Please contact Kathleen Clark at email@example.com before your student returns to school if you or your family will be traveling or hosting visitors during spring break. The determination of whether quarantine is necessary will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Additionally, if you or your family have been the subject of or in close contact with someone who is under a quarantine order or who has been confirmed to have the virus, or is being evaluated for the infection, we will also ask you to contact Kathleen Clark. Students will need to remain at home for the duration of the quarantine.
Social Justice Service Hours
Service hours are still required of all students. We have lifted the category requirement. With approval from Emily Teter, Director of Holy Cross Social Justice, girls may substitute indirect service for face-to-face service.
Service hours are still expected to be completed by the following deadlines:
For SENIORS: Extended to Tuesday, March 31, 2020
For Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors: Friday, April 17, 2020
All hours need to be reported to the MobileServe app.
During this time, students are welcome to complete any category. There will be a special category for this semester, that hours will be counted towards.
Below, is a list of service activities that are indirect. Students are welcome to do any of those service opportunities. There are instructions next the opportunity on how to account for hours if it's something that's done at home. The list will be updated as more opportunities are available.
Additionally, students are welcome to do anything that is on the pre-approved service list that's on the Holy Cross Social Justice portal page.
Please contact Director of Social Justice Emily Teter at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Monday, March 30: e-Learning Updates: Coronavirus Message #8
- Friday, March 27: Virtual Learning Week 2: Coronavirus Message #7
- Friday, March 20: Virtual Learning Week 1: Coronavirus Message #6
- Friday, March 13: e-Learning Details: Coronavirus Message #5
- Thursday, March 12: IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Coronavirus Message #4
- Friday, March 6: Coronavirus Update - Message #3
- Wednesday, March 4: Coronavirus: School Readiness Planning Message #2
- Wednesday, February 26: Coronavirus Updates and Resources Message #1