Since 1973, one of our most-honored traditions is Senior Project, through which seniors culminate their time at the Academy working in a career setting that interests them.
Over the years, Holy Cross seniors have worked at sites ranging from The National Zoo to engineering firms, from the State Department to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Students have assisted in countless elementary school classrooms, physical therapy offices and interior design studios. Students learn about life in the real world while getting specific experience in a potential career. Each girl researches possible job sites, contacts potential sponsors, and works with both the community sponsor and the Holy Cross Senior Project Coordinator to establish mutually beneficial responsibilities she must complete during her approximately 60-hour project.If you are interested in sponsoring one of our seniors, please contact Margaret Thomas, Senior Project Coordinator, at (301) 929-6458.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- ABC-WJLA Weather
- The Center for Advanced Orthopedics
- Stewards of Affordable Housing for the Future
- Children's National Medical Center
- Georgetown University Hospital
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Frederick Flight Center, Inc.
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
- League of Conservation Voters
- National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Swatchroom: Design+Art+Fabrication
- Imagination Stage
- National Park Trust
- NASA Goddard Space Flight Center