Any family may apply for financial aid at Holy Cross. Financial aid is distributed based on need. Financial aid grants are a gift of money applied to your daughter’s tuition; you do not need to repay them.
To be eligible for consideration for financial aid at The Academy of the Holy Cross, you must:
Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) through School and Student Services (SSS).
The deadline to submit the PFS for financial aid is January 7, 2019.
1. Other schools, and even the Archdiocese of Washington, use different financial aid service providers to help them assess a family’s ability to pay school costs. How do I know which one to use?
Be sure you are filing a Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) with School and Student Services (SSS). Their website is: https://www.solutionsbysss.com.
2. What is the Academy's school code for SSS?
The school code is 1060.
3. Must I file the PFS online, or can I use a paper application?
You must complete the PFS online. The fee to file is $51. Paper applications are no longer accepted.
4. Which figures do I use when completing the PFS?
Please use 2018 data when answering questions except where it asks you to make an estimate for 2019.
5. Besides the PFS, what other supporting documents must I submit to SSS?
The Academy of the Holy Cross requires that you submit your 2017 Federal Tax documents and W2’s directly to SSS either by mail or online. No tax documents should be sent to Holy Cross. Please do not send prior year tax documents to SSS, we only want your 2017 tax documents.
6. How do I know if I will qualify for need-based financial aid?
Any family may apply for need-based financial aid. Parents should not assume that because of their income they may not qualify. Some of the factors that are considered when determining need include: income, what you own (your house and other investments), what you owe (your mortgage and other debts), the size of your family, and how many children are enrolled in tuition-charging schools. All financial information shared with The Academy of the Holy Cross remains confidential and is used only for the purpose of determining eligibility.
7. If I applied last year, do I have to complete another PFS?
Yes, a new PFS must be filed for every year that you apply for financial aid because your family’s financial situation can change from year to year.
8. Who do I call for help in completing the PFS or uploading tax documents?
SSS Customer Service is available at (800) 344-8328
There are many other sources for students who demonstrate economic need. Below is a sample listing of some of those programs. For detailed information, please visit the links.
Saint Cecilia's Scholarship
Relatives of Saint Cecilia's Academy graduates receive a $1,000 scholarship for Freshman year at Holy Cross. Please contact the Admissions Office for details.
Shepherd Foundation (Information is available through Catholic parishes and elementary schools.)