An endowed gift is money given by a donor that is to be invested in perpetuity, with the distributions available to spend on activities consistent with donor intent. An expendable gift is money given by a donor that is to be entirely spent on activities consistent with donor intent.
A thriving endowment is essential to the future of The Academy of the Holy Cross. It is imperative that we grow and nurture the endowment to ensure that our girls are never limited by lack of resources.
A strong endowment provides a consistent and stable revenue source that:
- Delivers educational programs that redefine how students learn and faculty teach;
- Fulfills the goal of access of a Holy Cross education for all qualified students;
- Makes the best resources are available to students, faculty, and staff in the pursuit of learning and;
- Ensures that Holy Cross will continue to educate women of courage, compassion and scholarship.
- Gifts of any size can be applied to the general endowment and allow the most flexibility to meet current needs. To establish a specific endowed fund, a minimum gift is required.