Consider a planned gift to Holy Cross.
- The donor may gain a charitable tax deduction now – even for future gifts.
- It can help a donor reduce or avoid capital gains tax.
- It can lower estate taxes.
- It can protect and potentially increase the size of one’s estate for one’s heirs
- It could increase one’s existing income.
- It continues the generosity one has shown through life.
- Finally, it can help one recognize the dream of making the largest contribution of a lifetime, giving a gift that has major impact on the success of The Academy of the Holy Cross!
The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. – Nelson Henderson
Become a member of the Holy Cross Legacy Circle and keep the Academy strong for the next generations of women!
Since 1868 The Academy of the Holy Cross has been dedicated to the education and development of young women. It is a diverse community committed to educating women of courage, compassion and scholarship through faith, academic excellence and service.
The Holy Cross community of alumnae and friends has generously supported our commitment to educational excellence through the years. Many devoted Holy Cross supporters have invested in the future of their alma mater by making gifts of a lifetime through their estate plans by becoming part of the Holy Cross Legacy Circle.
Planned giving involves philanthropic strategies that enable you to provide for Holy Cross while advancing your own financial and personal objectives. Making a planned gift allows you to donate assets now, yet defer when the school receives them. Joining the Holy Cross Legacy Circle is a powerful testimonial to your belief in the value of a Holy Cross education.
Join us and make a difference for the next generation of Holy Cross girls!
“My annual gift to Holy Cross is a measured gift, often limited by the many day-to-day demands all families face. Naming Holy Cross to receive part of my estate is a gift from my heart, a thank you to the Sisters of the Holy Cross for enriching the lives of our daughters and my part in ensuring the blessing of this special education for generations to come.”
– Karen Schaeffer
"My parents set the example to us as to how impactful a planned gift can be. With the proceeds from my parents' planned giving donation, Holy Cross received the seed money to help build the turf field. Bill and I believe that planned giving helps to ensure the future of Holy Cross and its legacy in the Washington area."
– Lisa Ridgway Slater ’82 and Bill Slater